Due to the high chlorophyll in wheatgrass, it is said to be one of the best detoxifying greens. It's excellent for improving immunity and lowering cholesterol.
Wash the grass well in ample amount of water. You can sprinkle some sea salt and little water over the grass. Leave for 10 mins and then rinse thoroughly in a large pot of water. Drain in a colander.
Do not juice the grass for long time, it begins to oxidize and smell stronger. It also alters the taste.
A cold press juicer is best, but a blender too works well. The juice extracted in a slow or cold press juicer is not diluted so it tastes much superior to the juice made in blender
JUICE 1 COMBO:
1- 2 oranges
JUICE 2 COMBO:
1 - 1.5 cups pineapple chunks
1 small piece of ginger
1. Wash the fruits well. If not using organic produce, peel the fruits. Cut into chunks.
2. Wash the wheatgrass a few times thoroughly.
3. Add all the ingredients to a blender jar and run the blender. If needed you may need to add more juice or water.
4. Pass it through a strainer.
5. If making in a slow juicer skip the above 2 steps and add all the ingredients to the chute. Juice them and consume immediately.