Jazz up your Brussels Sprouts with a hint of garlic and freshly grated cheese - making this simple side dish one that the whole family will love!
500g brussel sprouts
3 cloves garlic thinly sliced or chopped
25 g grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp olive oil
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C
2. If needed, clean and trim the Brussels sprouts and cut them in halves and place them in an oven safe dish. Make sure to dry them very well before cooking
3. Add the garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, followed by the olive oil. Toss to coat.
4. Roast in the oven uncovered for 20-25 minutes until crisp, brown and caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve with more grated cheese.
Brussels sprouts are perfect for anytime of the year. These little cabbage veggie delights are fantastic as they are packed with super nutrition such as vitamin C. Sprouts can be enjoyed raw, such as sliced up in a salad, steamed or roasted. Forget saving them for the end of the year! Celebrate sprouts all year round and enjoy them crispy and caramelized served with more veggies, and/or your preferred protein.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
2 big handfuls Brussel sprouts
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and pepper
1.Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Slice the sprouts into approximately ½ cm pieces. Add the sprout slices to a bowl.
3. To the bowl add the minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together.
4. Place the sprout mix to a oven proof baking dish. Place in the oven and cook for approximately 40 minutes, or until lightly crispy and caramelised, but not fully burnt. Remove when ready and enjoy with preferred main meal.