1 head of Broccoli Romanesco
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
⅛ teaspoon salt
15 turns fresh ground pepper
Hot paprika or red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
2. Take a deep breath as you realize you are going to actually eat this spiky, alien looking vegetable. It's going to be okay.
3. Cut off Romanesco florets (as you would broccoli or cauliflower) and place in a medium size bowl.
4. Season with salt, pepper.
5. If you are using the hot paprika or red pepper flakes, lightly sprinkle them to taste over the top - I used the paprika. (You don't need a lot unless you really want it spicy).
6. Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the Pecorino Romano and toss to coat.
7. Lay Romanesco in single layer on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, turning once at the halfway point.
8. Sprinkle remaining shredded Pecorino Romano over the top just before serving.