Think of this recipe as your favorite bacony wedge salad reimagined as an additive party snack!
180g ounces smoky bacon
2/3 cup whole-milk yoghurt (not greek)
1 garlic clove, finely grated
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp honey
freshly ground pepper
180g blue cheese, crumbled
2 heads romaine lettuce
2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
lemon wedges (for serving)DIRECTIONS:
- Cook bacon in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, turning often, until brown and crisp and fat is rendered, 8–10 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels and let cool (reserve rendered fat for another use, or discard, though that’d be sad).
- Chop bacon and set aside.
- Using a fork, mix yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, honey, and half of blue cheese in a medium bowl, mashing away to break up cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon 1–2 tsp. yogurt mixture into centers of lettuce leaves, then top with evenly with bacon and remaining cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer lettuce leaves to a fancy serving platter you thought you’d never use and top with chives.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over and serve.